This past spring has been a whirlwind for parents everywhere. With the shelter-in order, daycares and schools shut down, and parents required to work-from-home, there’s a lot of free time to fill with our kids.
Activities that can keep our children busy, learning, and having fun are great to pass the time, but it’s also nice to create lasting memories with them.
Create a simple family quarantine handprint keepsake as a memory for years to come.
While this won’t be an activity that will keep your babies and toddlers busy for very long, it will give you a keepsake to share the memory of this crazy time.
What You’ll Need:
- 8″x10” Downloaded file “When the world needed to stay apart, we stayed perfectly together. Quarantine 2020”
- White cardstock or copy paper
- At least 2 colors of finger paint
- Paper plate
- Frame or laminator to preserve (optional)
What To Do:
2. Print it out. Use thick paper or cardstock (65lb is sufficient) to make it more sturdy.
3. Cut down to 8″x10″ if using 8.5″ x 11″ paper and if you’re going to place it in a frame, otherwise it may be a bit off-centered.
4. Choose the colors of paint that you would like to use on each hand. Preferably, use different colors to discriminate between each hand because they will most likely overlap.
5. If you only have 2 or 3 colors and more family members than that, mix them together to make new colors or even just to make a light and dark version of each color.
6. Squirt the finger paint onto a paper plate where you can do your mixing or just use the base color. Use a paint brush or foam brush to brush the paint on the hand or simply dip your whole hand onto the plate to cover the entire palm.
7. One at a time, place each hand on the paper, allowing the handprint before it to completely dry before you do the next one.
8. Be sure to push down on each finger and parts of the palm to ensure a good coating of the handprint.
9. Allow to completely dry and place it in a frame or laminate to preserve for the future.
To personalize this sign with your family’s photo and names, you can purchase one from our Etsy Shop, Just Simply Mom Designs.
Enjoy this activity with your family and I hope it can bring some joy to your days.
Have fun and stay safe!