Mothers play such an important role in the life of their sons. There is a deep connection between a mother and her son that starts from the moment of conception.
Although fathers play an important role as well there’s nothing quite like a mother’s love for her son. I rounded up 50 quotes in this one amazing resource that will have you cherishing the bond with your son more than ever before.
Sweet Mom Quotes to Son
While all mom quotes about her son can always be considered sweet, some are just even sweeter than the rest! These sweet quotes will have you reaching for you son for just one more hug today.
1. Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life. – Sophocles
2. There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite as special as the love between a mother and a son.
3. Raising boys has made me a more generous woman than I really am. Undoubtedly, there are other routes to learning the wishes and dreams of the presumably opposite sex, but I know of none more direct, or more highly motivating, than being the mother of sons. – Mary Kay Blakely
4. “Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged.” – Louisa May Alcott
5. Sometimes when I need a miracle, I look into my son’s eyes, and realize I’ve already created one.
6. A mother is the first love of her son, and a son is the whole world for a mother.
7. I adore his smile, I cherish his hugs, I admire his heart but most of all… I love that he is my son.
8. I’m thankful for my son’s laughter. It’s the sound of all that’s right in the world.
9. I constantly go between wanting you to be my baby forever, and being excited about all the amazing things you’ll do in this life.
10. A son is a mother’s most precious treasure.
Inspiring Mom Quotes To Son
These inspirational quotes are destined to have you snuggled up on the couch with your son all morning long. Moms are an inspiration to their sons, and sons are inspiration to the women who raise them.
11. That strong mother doesn’t tell her cub, Son, stay weak so the wolves can get you. She says, Toughen up, this is reality we are living in. – Lauryn Hill
12. Even more than the time when she gave birth, a mother feels her greatest joy when she hears others refer to her son as a wise learned one. – Thiruvalluvar
13. When I was a child, my mother said to me, ‘If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general. If you become a monk you’ll end up as the pope.’ Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso. – Pablo Picasso
14. To my son, never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can. Be the man I know you can be.
15. There’s this boy who stole my heart. He calls me mom.
16. “A mother’s love doesn’t make her son more dependent and timid; it actually makes him stronger and more independent.” – Cheri Fuller
17. “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” ― Erich Fromm
18. A son will always need his mom. Even if he has a wife and children, his mother’s hugs will always keep him warm.
19. Son keeps mother grounded and stronger, while mother gives son an idea of what love is supposed to feel like!
20. And I promise you this: no matter who enters your life, I will love you more than any of them.
Uplifting Mom Quotes to Son
The bond between a mother and son is uplifting all on its own. The love between them is unlike any other love in this world. This list of mom quotes to son will remind you of this love and uplift your spirit right away.
21. A boy’s best friend is his mother.
22. My mother carried me for ten months. I asked her ‘Mother, you had an extra month, why you didn’t make me a beautiful face?’ and mother told me, ‘My son, I was busy making your beautiful hands and heart.’ – Mstislav Rostropovich
23. Men are what their mothers made them. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. A man can love different women during his life, but the love for his mother is timeless.
25. His little hands stole my heart, and his little feet ran away with it.
26. “You’ve been a blessing from the start, I love you son with all my heart.” – Unknown
27. “A son is the only man who can complete his mother’s womanhood.” – Unknown
28. “Bringing up a daughter, a mother pours a part of her soul. Bringing up a son, she gives him her whole soul.” – Unknown
29. “You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes.” – Wally Schirra
30. You will be his first his, his first love, his first friend. You’re his momma and he is your whole world. He is your little boy.
Mom Love Quotes to Son
Love is the theme of these next few mom quotes to son. The love between a mother and son has no bounds, and lasts forever. You will see this over and over in these next few quotes.
31. And she loved a little boy very, very much, even more than she loved herself. – Shel Silverstein
32. A man never sees all that his mother has been to him until it’s too late to let her know that he sees it. – W. D. Howells
33. A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. – Irish Proverb
34. There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite so special as the love between the mother and a son.
35. There is an endearing tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart. – Washington Irving
36. “There are no goodbyes, wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
37. “When you teach your son, you teach your son’s son.” – The Talmud
38. Son, you remind me how so much depends on days made of now. – Alison McGhee
39. “You are my Son shine.” – Author Unknown
40. Your son will hold your hand only for a little while, but he will hold your heart for a lifetime.
Funny Mom Quotes to Son
What is a mothers bond with her son without a little humor? As many tender moments that a woman has with her son, ten more humorous ones are sure to follow. Enjoy these mom quotes about sons, and feel free to laugh along the way.
41. It takes one woman twenty years to make a man of her son – and another woman twenty minutes to make a fool of him. – Helen Rowland
42. “A mother understands what a child does not say.” – Jewish Proverb
43. “When you were a toddler you made me smile. When you were a teenage you made me worry.
But now you are a man and my son, I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments!” – Catherine Pulsifer
44. A son will surely outgrow his mother’s lap. But he will never outgrow his place in her heart.
45. A woman is not able to re-educate any man, but she is able to create one.
46. Raising a boy is so different from raising someone of her own gender, but a mother did it anyway, and she did it well.
47. “Ain’t a woman alive who could take my mama’s place.” –Tupac
48. My mother is not a CIA agent, but she’s an Italian mother, and she’d do anything for her son. – Adriano Giannini
49. It doesn’t matter how old a son is. Even when he is big and strong he is always a small boy for his mother.
50. To a mother, a son is never a fully grown man; and a son is never a fully grown man until he understands and accepts this about his mother.
I hope you enjoyed this variety of mom quotes to son! Which one resonated with you the most? Do you have any others that you would like to add? Let me know in the comment section below!