Losing a baby or pregnancy at any stage is a loss that is incomparable to anything else experienced in this world. Families who have experienced this loss, whether through a miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant loss, are often left longing for comfort that is not easy to come by.
Grieving parents and family members will often turn to the internet for words of comfort as they make their way through this trying time in the only way they know how.
These comforting and inspirational rainbow baby quotes were curated to help bring comfort to those who need it most.
What is a rainbow baby?
A rainbow baby, simply put, is a baby conceived after a previous loss – whether that loss was a miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant loss.
The term rainbow baby is the understanding that beauty can still be possible after a storm. While the rainbow baby brings beauty, there is no negating the storm that the parents have made it through.
Rainbow babies offer hope and comfort to parents after having weathered an incomprehensible storm of pregnancy loss.
How can quotes about rainbow babies be helpful?
Rainbow baby quotes can offer comfort to parents who are trying for a rainbow baby or who are expecting one. These quotes can be an amazing way to manage grief and anxiety about the loss and current or upcoming pregnancy.
You can expect rainbow baby quotes to:
- Give an outlet to express grief
- Be a reminder to express gratitude
- Give words to express joy after a storm
- Provide an optimistic viewpoint
- Bring comfort in uncertain times
Inspiring Rainbow Baby Quotes
After losing a child or pregnancy you may find yourself uninspired and unable to lift your spirits. This is normal, but these rainbow baby quotes can help to give you inspiration when you need it the most.
1. “When we lose one blessing, another is most often unexpectedly given in its place.”
2. “Rainbows remind us that even after the darkest clouds, and the fiercest winds, there is still beauty.” – Katrina Mayer
3. “You are the rainbow that adds colors to my gray skies.” – Avijeet Das
4. “Out of difficulties, we grow miracles.” — Jean de la Bruyere
5. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.” — Aristotle
Joyful Rainbow Baby Quotes
It may seem hard to find joy while going through a storm, but the promise of the rainbow on the horizon can boost your spirits and help you to find joy in life once again.
6. “We needed something to express our joy, our beauty, our power. And the rainbow did that.” — Gilbert Baker
7. “After a storm, there is a rainbow of hope.”
8. “She is the gold at the end of our rainbow.”
9. “Those we have held in our arms for a little while, we hold in our hearts forever.” — The Prophet
10. “The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow.” – Unknown
Religious Rainbow Baby Quotes
While religious rainbow baby quotes are not for everyone, they can bring comfort to those who need it. Having a strong presence in God’s faith can be an enormous comfort for some parents, and these religious rainbow baby quotes can help to magnify that comfort.
11. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.
12. “For this child we have prayed.”
13. “The pain you have been feeling can’t compare to the joy that is coming.” — Romans 8:18
14. “I believe that God sent you into my life to give me something to fight for, to show me there is love in this world, to give me hope and bring me joy, all the proof in God I need is in you, you are a gift from the heavens.”
15. “An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby’s birth. Then whispered as she closed the book, “too beautiful for earth”.
Beautiful Rainbow Baby Quotes
Finding the beauty after the storm is exactly what a rainbow baby entails. Such a beautiful blessing after a storm that seemed to never pass. These beautiful rainbow baby quotes can help to remind you of the beauty that is coming.
16. “Nobody had ever had a rainbow baby until they had the rain.” ~ Jim Croce
17. “When a rainbow appears, it doesn’t mean the storm never happened or that we are not still dealing with its aftermath. It means something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy, and hope.”
18. “Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue. And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.” — ‘Somewhere Over the Rainbow’
19. “Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray.” – Lord Byron
20. “This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss you lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for you eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience, patience to accept the truth, love to complete your life.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
To the parents of rainbow babies everywhere, I hope these rainbow baby quotes bring you comfort when you need it most.