No matter how you end up giving birth – labor and delivery can be tough. Not only is it physically exhausting, but you will often times wind up emotionally exhausted as well.
Having a set of printable birth affirmations can go a long way in helping your mental health and positivity on this big day.
What are Birth Affirmations?
Your body and mind are connected in ways you may not even understand. If you go into labor and delivery expecting the birth to be traumatic (like it often is in the movies), that will likely be how your labor and delivery turns out.
However, you have a choice. You can choose to change the narrative about your birth and change your body and mind.
One of the most powerful and effective tools for pregnant women is birth affirmations.
Positive birth affirmations can empower you during labor. They are simply positive phrases or statements about birth that you repeat over and over again.
Repeating these positive birth affirmations with confidence will allow you to challenge any negative or anxious thoughts about your upcoming birth.
Why Should You Use Birth Affirmation Cards?
Using birth affirmation cards is scientifically proven to help you to reprogram and rewire the negative thoughts that are in your brain and to reaffirm positive thoughts to help you overcome your fears and overwhelm during labor.
Printable birth affirmations will allow you an easy way to have these affirmations right where you need them. Once you print out your positive birth affirmations, simply repeat them to yourself over and over again.
Eventually, through tons of repetition, using these positive birth affirmations will begin to rewire your subconscious mind.
Related Post: 18 Things Not to Do After Giving Birth
Are Birth Affirmations Just For Non-Medicated Births?
Contrary to popular belief, birth affirmations are not only for non-medicated births! You can use positive birth affirmations during any type of delivery including natural birth, induced labor, medicated labor, or even a c- section.
Most women think that if they are getting an epidural, they don’t need to learn any pain management techniques. However, you never know how your birth will pan out.
You could still be laboring for hours before you receive the epidural or you may not even get to the hospital with enough time to get it. You’re always going to experience some pain, negative thoughts, and emotions during labor with or without an epidural.
It can also be useful to repeat your birth affirmations during the time between being cut open and your baby being pulled out during a c- section.
Related Post: Signs That Labor is 24-48 Hours Away
Can Positive Birth Affirmations Actually Make Childbirth Easier?
When you use positive statements that are related to birth it can increase your confidence and comfort. When your body feels more relaxed and at ease, your labor can move quicker and feel less painful.
Here are 25 natural birth affirmations that can encourage you to think differently about birth, and set you up for success in your journey.
If you would like to have your affirmations as a set of printable birth affirmations this set on Etsy is prepared and ready! All you need to do is print, laminate, and start using!
1. It’s not pain it’s power.
2. I am a strong capable woman, and I can do this.
3. My mind and body are relaxed.
4. I am surrounded by love and so is my baby.
5. Each wave brings me closer to meeting you.
6. I put all fear aside as I prepare for the birth of my baby.
7. I will be calm for the sake of my baby.
8. Inhale strength, exhale pain.
9. My body is powerful.
10. I can do anything for a minute.
11. I look forward to my birthing day.
12. With this pain, I am giving life to my child.
13. Soon I will meet my baby, and the pain will go away.
14. I put all fear aside as I prepare for the birth of my baby.
15. Soft jaw, soft hands, breathe.
16. I will meet my baby soon!
17. Birth is the ultimate act of love!
18. I relax and my body relaxes with me.
19. My birth is going exactly as it should.
20. My body was meant to do this.
21. I am flexible and receptive to change.
22. Birth is miraculous no matter what happens.
23. The most important thing is the safe delivery of my baby.
24. I am giving my baby the best birth possible.
25. I am brave confident and able.
What Should I do With Printable Birth Affirmations?
What you choose to do with your natural birth affirmations is totally up to you! Some mothers choose to laminate their birth affirmations and put them in their hospital bag so that they can then tape them around the hospital room or birthing room.
You may also choose to put them on a ring, and carry with you for months before the delivery. Reading the affirmations before labor can help you to get encouraged.
During labor, you can also have your partner read the affirmations to you.
However you choose to use your natural birth affirmations, I am sure your birth will be everything you expected and more!