Mothers play such an important role in the life of their sons. There is a deep connection between a mother and her son that starts from the moment of conception. Beautiful mother and son quotes reflect the unique bond that they have together.
Although fathers play an important role as well there’s nothing quite like a mother’s love for her little boy.
I rounded up 50 quotes in this one amazing resource that will have you cherishing the bond with your son and a mother’s love for her little boy.
Whether you need Mother’s Day quotes, quotes about a mother son relationship, or simply everyday remainders of the love of a mother, you’ll love these!
Related: 20 Comforting Rainbow Baby Quotes for a Positive New Pregnancy
Sweet Mother and Son Quotes
While all mom quotes about her son can always be considered sweet, some are just even sweeter than the rest! These sweet mother and son quotes will have you reaching for you son for just one more hug today.
1. Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life. – Sophocles
2. There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite as special as the love between a mother and a son.
3. Raising boys has made me a more generous woman than I really am. Undoubtedly, there are other routes to learning the wishes and dreams of the presumably opposite sex, but I know of none more direct, or more highly motivating, than being the mother of sons. – Mary Kay Blakely
4. “Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged.” – Louisa May Alcott
5. Sometimes when I need a miracle, I look into my son’s eyes, and realize I’ve already created one.
6. A mother is the first love of her son, and a son is the whole world for a mother.
7. I adore his smile, I cherish his hugs, I admire his heart but most of all… I love that he is my son.
8. I’m thankful for my son’s laughter. It’s the sound of all that’s right in the world.
9. I constantly go between wanting you to be my baby forever, and being excited about all the amazing things you’ll do in this life.
10. A son is a mother’s most precious treasure.
11. You are loved for the boy you are, the man you will become, and the precious son you will always be.
12. The best gifts in the world are not always wrapped in boxes. They also come in the form of loving sons like you.
13. “You may have tangible wealth untold; caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than you can never be. I had a mother who read to me.” – Strickland Gillilan
14. The bond between a mother and son lasts a lifetime. The bond between a mother and son is a special one. It remains unchanged by time or distance, and it is the purest love, unconditional and true. It is an understanding of any situation and forgiving of any mistake.
15. “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” – Michael Jordan
16. “The best love in the world is the love of a man. The love of a man who came from your womb, the love of your son!” – C. Joybell C
17. To have a son means to have a protector, a buddy, a support system, and to live out one of life’s greatest adventures!
Inspiring Mother and Son Quotes
These inspirational mom and son quotes are destined to have you snuggled up on the couch with your son all morning long. Moms are an inspiration to their sons, and sons are inspiration to the women who raise them.
Related: 50 Mother Daughter Quotes That Will Have You Cherishing Your Bond
18. “To be a mother of a son is one of the most important things you can do to change the world. Raise them to respect women, raise them to stand up for others, raise them to be kind.” – Shannon L. Alder
19. “Mother is her son’s first god; she must teach him the most important lesson of all – how to love.” – TF Hodge
20. Sons worship their mothers, seeing them as flawless, almighty beings who spread love and who are able to do anything. That is why the most important lesson that a mother can teach her son is respect, love, and how to understand women.
21. That strong mother doesn’t tell her cub, Son, stay weak so the wolves can get you. She says, Toughen up, this is reality we are living in. – Lauryn Hill
22. Even more than the time when she gave birth, a mother feels her greatest joy when she hears others refer to her son as a wise learned one. – Thiruvalluvar
23. When I was a child, my mother said to me, ‘If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general. If you become a monk you’ll end up as the pope.’ Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso. – Pablo Picasso
24. To my son, never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can. Be the man I know you can be.
25. There’s this boy who stole my heart. He calls me mom.
26. “A mother’s love doesn’t make her son more dependent and timid; it actually makes him stronger and more independent.” – Cheri Fuller
27. “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” ― Erich Fromm
28. A son will always need his mom. Even if he has a wife and children, his mother’s hugs will always keep him warm.
29. Son keeps mother grounded and stronger, while mother gives son an idea of what love is supposed to feel like!
30. “I have a son who is my heart. A wonderful young man, daring and loving, strong and kind.” – Maya Angelou
31. And I promise you this: no matter who enters your life, I will love you more than any of them.
31. “As the mother of a son, I do not accept that alienation from me is necessary for his discovery of himself. As a woman, I will not cooperative in demeaning womanly things so that he can be proud to be a man. I like to think the women in my son’s future are counting on me.” – Letty Cottin Porgrebin
32. “Men are what their mothers made them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
33. He who can be a good son will be a good father.
34. “Mothers are inscrutable beings to their sons, always.” – A.E. Coppard
35. “The mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom” – Henry Ward Beecher
Uplifting Mother and Son Quotes
The bond between a mother and son is uplifting all on its own. The love between them is unlike any other love in this world. This list of mom quotes to son will remind you of this love and uplift your spirit right away.
36. A boy’s best friend is his mother.
37. My mother carried me for ten months. I asked her ‘Mother, you had an extra month, why you didn’t make me a beautiful face?’ and mother told me, ‘My son, I was busy making your beautiful hands and heart.’ – Mstislav Rostropovich
38. Men are what their mothers made them. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
39.. A man can love different women during his life, but the love for his mother is timeless.
40. His little hands stole my heart, and his little feet ran away with it.
41. “You’ve been a blessing from the start, I love you son with all my heart.” – Unknown
42. “A son is the only man who can complete his mother’s womanhood.” – Unknown
43. “Bringing up a daughter, a mother pours a part of her soul. Bringing up a son, she gives him her whole soul.” – Unknown
44. “You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes.” – Wally Schirra
45. You will be his first his, his first love, his first friend. You’re his momma and he is your whole world. He is your little boy.
46. “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” – Honore de Balzac
47. “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
48. “I remember my mother’s prayers, and they have always followed me. They have clung to be all my life.” – Abraham Lincoln
49. “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am, I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual, and physical education I received from her.” – George Washington
50. A man who treats his woman like a princess is proof that he has been born and raised in the arms of a queen.
51. “To wake up to the sound of my son saying ‘Mama, mama!’ It’s the best sound ever.” – Miranda Kerr
52. “Let your boys test their wings. They may not be eagles, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t soar free.” – C.J. Milbrandt
53. “All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.” – Oscar Wilde
Mother Love Quotes to Son
Love is the theme of these next few mother and son quotes. The love between a mother and son has no bounds, and lasts forever. You will see this over and over in these next few quotes.
57. And she loved a little boy very, very much, even more than she loved herself. – Shel Silverstein
58. A man never sees all that his mother has been to him until it’s too late to let her know that he sees it. – W. D. Howells
59. A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. – Irish Proverb
60. There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite so special as the love between the mother and a son.
61. There is an endearing tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart. – Washington Irving
62. “There are no goodbyes, wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
63. “When you teach your son, you teach your son’s son.” – The Talmud
64. Son, you remind me how so much depends on days made of now. – Alison McGhee
65. “You are my Son shine.” – Author Unknown
66. Your son will hold your hand only for a little while, but he will hold your heart for a lifetime.
67. You are not just a son to me. You’re my life, my soul, my heart, and most of all, the reason for my existence.
68. I adore his smile, I cherish his hugs, I admire his heart. But most o all, I love that he is my son.
69. “Having a child makes you realize the most importance of life – narcissism goes out of the window. Heaven on earth is looking at my little boy. The minute he was born, I knew if I never did anything other than being a mom, I’d be fine.” – Jenny McCarthy
70. Every man looks for a girlfriend that has his mother’s qualities
Funny Mom Quotes to Son
What is a mothers bond with her son without a little humor? As many tender moments that a woman has with her son, ten more humorous ones are sure to follow. Enjoy these mom quotes about sons, and feel free to laugh along the way.
71. It takes one woman twenty years to make a man of her son – and another woman twenty minutes to make a fool of him. – Helen Rowland
72. “A mother understands what a child does not say.” – Jewish Proverb
73. “When you were a toddler you made me smile. When you were a teenage you made me worry.
But now you are a man and my son, I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments!” – Catherine Pulsifer
74. A son will surely outgrow his mother’s lap. But he will never outgrow his place in her heart.
75. A woman is not able to re-educate any man, but she is able to create one.
76. Raising a boy is so different from raising someone of her own gender, but a mother did it anyway, and she did it well.
77. “Ain’t a woman alive who could take my mama’s place.” –Tupac
78. My mother is not a CIA agent, but she’s an Italian mother, and she’d do anything for her son. – Adriano Giannini
79. It doesn’t matter how old a son is. Even when he is big and strong he is always a small boy for his mother.
80. To a mother, a son is never a fully grown man; and a son is never a fully grown man until he understands and accepts this about his mother.
81. “Yet now in my arms, I was holding a helpless baby boy who would grow into a man. I cannot imagine that soft little face one-day having whiskers.” – Rhonda Stoppe
82. My son makes me smile when he stands up for what he believes in even if it’s right to have a second portion of dessert.
83. “Daddy’s a lot nicer than you are Mommy.” “That’s probably due to all of the extra rest he gets, sweetheart.”
I hope you enjoyed this variety of mother and son quotes. Which one resonated with you the most? Do you have any others that you would like to add? Let me know in the comment section below!