Baby slideshows are perfect for baby showers, baby announcements, or first birthday parties. By combining the right collection of pictures with thoughtful songs for baby slideshows, you’ll make everyone smile or cry – whatever you want!
We’ve created baby slideshows for several birthday parties, and they’re always a hit. People love seeing all of the adorable photos from the first year of life!
The songs for a baby slideshow you select matters, so take your time to decide. I’m a bit of a slideshow geek, so I put together an ultimate list of songs that I think parents could use that would work great.
Related: 10 Unique and Memorable Baby Shower Activities that Provide Keepsakes
Helpful Tips for Picking Songs for Baby Slideshows
Need help deciding which songs are perfect for your baby slideshow? Here are a few tips to help your discussion.
1. Consider a Theme
Parents love themed parties, so whether your baby slideshow is for your baby shower or a birthday party, it’s not farfetched to think a theme might be included. Themes are typically incorporated throughout everything, including the songs of your slideshow.
If you have a tropical baby shower, it makes sense that your video would be upbeat and colorful.
A theme isn’t a must-have, but if you pick a theme, try to match your music as well!
Related Post: Adorable Fall Baby Photo Ideas
2. Think about The Video Length
It’s important not to make your video too long nor too short. The worse is too long; you might want to watch hours of your baby’s photos, but everyone else does not.
So, while there is no magic video length, three to five minutes tends to be just right. It should last the length of at least one average-length song. You also can consider mixing and matching songs rather than just using a single one.
Related: Rustic Baby Shower Ideas for a Truly Unique Occasion
3. Think about The Mood
Songs for baby slideshows create different moods. An upbeat song makes everyone feel cheery and happy, but a soothing tune might lead to some tears.
Always consider the words of the song you picked. If you think the worlds might contradict the mood you want to set, consider using the instrumental version instead!
4. Make Photo Collages
Consider making some photo collages, especially when you have more pictures than you could use. You also can time the fading away of the collages with the music.
5. Don’t Forget the Humor!
Humor is always needed when you make a baby slideshow. No one wants to get bored, and let’s be honest, babies do some silly things!
Add some cute clips of the funny things your baby did throughout their first year of life or a picture of their first big mess.
60+ Songs for Baby Slideshows
I’ve included the classic songs, but also added some newer music as well. I hope you find something you love that truly depicts your sweet baby.
- 1, 2, 3, 4 by Plain White T’s
- A Mother’s Prayer by Celine Dion
- A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
- Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey
- Anything Like Me by Brad Paisley
- Baby I by Ariana Grande
- Beautiful Boy by Celine Dion
- Blur by Tender
- Boxes by Goo Goo Dolls
- Brave by Sara Bareilles
- Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off You by Lauryn Hill
- Child of Mine by Carole King
- Count on Me by Bruno Mars
- Days Like This by Van Morrison
- Don’t Blink by Kenny Chesney
- Enjoy The Silence by Tori Amos
- Every Second by Mina Okabe
- Everything I Do by Bryan Adams
- Father and Son by Cat Stevens
Related Post: 50+ Sweet Time Capsule Ideas for Babies
- Find Your Wings by Mark Harris
- Haven’t Met You Yet by Michael Buble
- Hourglass by Mindy Gledhill
- How Sweet It is by James Taylor
- I Knew I Loved You by Savage Garden
Related Post: Best Toys for 1 Year Olds (12-18 Months) That Make Great Gifts
- In My Arms by Plumb
- In My Daughter’s Eyes by Martina McBride
- Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
- It Won’t Be Like This for Long by Darius Rucker
- Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars
Related Post: 34 Best Baby Gifts: What Babies Really Need
- Kisses and Hugs by Michael James
- Last Night on Earth by Green Day
- Let Them Be Little by Billy Dean
- Love of My Life by Carly Simon
- Lullaby by Billy Joel
- My Little Girl by Tim McGraw
- My Wish by Rascal Flatts
- Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift
- Photography by Ed Sheeran
- Remember When by Alan Jackson
Related Post: Pumpkin Patch Birthday Bash for a 1st Birthday Party
- Safe in Your Daddy’s Arms by Peter Penrose
- Smile by Uncle Kracker
- Stolen by Dashboard Confessional
- Stuck Like Glue by Sugarland
- Sunshine of My Life by Stevie Wonder
- Sweet Child of Mine by Guns N Roses
- Sweet Pea by Amos Lee
- Sweetest Devotion by Adele
- Thank God for Kids by Kenny Chesney
- The Baby by Blake Shelton
Related Post: Must-Have 1 Year Old Toys
- The Best Day by Taylor Swift
- The Greatest Gift by Steve & Annie Chapman
- The Days by Jasmine Thompson
- The Sweetest Gift by Sade
- There Goes My Baby by Usher
- This Kind of Love by Sister Hazel
- Time of Your Life by Green Day
- Tough Little Boys by Gary Allen
- Watching You by Rodney Atkins
- What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
- With Arms Wide Open by Creed
- You Bring Me Joy by Carolyn Arends
- You Are So Beautiful to Me by Joe Cocker
- Your Smiling Face by James Taylor
Making baby slideshows is a great idea whether you’re planning a baby shower activity, newborn photo collage, or celebrating your baby’s first year (or half year) of life. Try a few of these songs to set the perfect mood!